Friday, April 4, 2008

Rock Show Ads - The Who - 6

The Who - Giants Stadium - 6/30/89

We went to this show with no tickets - just a couple of cases of beer and the BBQ for hotdogs a burgers - figured we party in the lot and see what happens..
This was supposed to be The Who's "farewell" to the world....what load that was....
...After about half hour in to the show we started to bargain for tickets with the scalpers......I played hardball and got 5 tickets for $25 bucks.....best deal I have ever scammed.

Townshend was going through the whole "my ears are fucked so im just play'in acoustic guitar thing" - but half way through the show that BS went out the door, he grabbed a strat and the show lifted off the ground....Great Night!

Set List
Overture, 1921, Amazing Journey, Sparks, The Acid Queen, Pinball Wizard, Do You Think It's Alright, Fiddle About, I'm Free, Tommy's Holiday Camp, We're Not Gonna Take It, Let My Love Open The Door, All Shall Be Well, A Friend Is A Friend, I'm A Man, I Can't Explain, Substitute, I Can See For Miles, Trick Of The Light, Boris The Spider, Who Are You, Too Much Of Anything, Magic Bus, Baba O'Riley, My Generation, Face The Face, A Little Is Enough, 5.15, Love Reign O'er Me, Love Hurts, Too Late The Hero, Sister Disco, Rough Boys, Join Together, You Better You Bet, Behind Blue Eyes, Won't Get Fooled Again, I'm A Boy, Pictures Of Lily, Summertime Blues, Naked Eye

No comments: